Nabla – v1.2.1
The Nabla is a software instrument for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU)
simulating the KORG Delta DL-50 Strings Synthesizer from 1979. Is is written in native
C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption.
The main features are:
- Paraphonic Synthesizer and Strings sections
- Up to 64 voices polyphony
- Synthesizer section:
- Four band-limited frequency divider-driven signal generators
- Additional noise generator
- 4-pole zero-delay feedback bandpass/lowpass filter
- Strings section:
- Two band-limited frequency divider-driven signal generators
- 2-band equalizer
- Ensemble effect
- Flexible pitch/filter modulation by LFO or noise
- Tweaks (not to be found in the original Delta):
- "GOD Mode" to provide true polyphony
- Panning for Synthesizer/Strings sections
- Built-in phaser and delay effects
- Double precision audio processing
- All parameters can be controlled by MIDI controllers
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32 bit and 64 bit)
On the track
the Nabla is the only audio source (plus some delay, reverb and slight compression).
Also highly recommended: Vale de Lágrimas
where crisch'r uses the Nabla extensively!
...and of course Kraftraum's Autobahnnacht...
you can find the patches used for this great track below!
has created a set of amazing presets for Nabla which is exclusively available for download here:
Nabla was subject of KVR's
One Synth Challenge #96 (OSC)!
Go to the
official OSC website
and listen to the submissions of this great event!
Found a bug? Want to leave a comment? Please send a